So last night I hosted the A/O Cachers Meet and Eat at Chappy’s Deli in Auburn, AL. It was the first Geocache event I have hosted, and it turned out to be a pretty good one. I got to meet lots of new people, and I got to see some I haven’t seen in a while. Just that reason alone made it worth it. However, I also got some good things out of it that will help toward us forming our local geocaching group. We have people who are very eager about helping with the group, and we already have relationships with local places to hide caches in the works. This is looking like it’s going to be a pretty awesome thing. It’s gotten me right back where I was after I first started caching. I want to get out there and find, find, find, and hide, hide, hide like I never have before. Just a few things I have in the works that I think may come to fruition thanks to the inspiration I recieved last night…
1. A series of caches based around LotR… mostly around Frodo and Sam’s Journey to Mount Doom. Your quest to find these caches will (hopefully) be just as epic and exciting as theirs was. I’ve been working on this series for over a year now, and I think it may finially be on it’s way to the wild!
2. My second, and very much more difficult, puzzle cache. If you were stumped by El Centro (which I didn’t mean to be that hard), then you may just hate me for this one. I’ll just say I’m getting my inspiration from Frodo13 for those of you who know his puzzle caches, and I hope to surpass him in my ability to hide quality (and extremely difficult) puzzle caches. This one may also be LotR themed, and it may even be out before the series, so keep looking for it!
3. My first Night Cache… just need a place. BTW, for those of you interested, they sell those reflective tacks at Academy Sports in the bow hunting section for about $2.7o for a box of 50… just saying.
4. More events. After yesterday, I’m definitely going to be hosting more events in our area, and hopefully will be getting other people in our area into hosting a few as well. Exciting stuff
5. Last but not least, I have also been inspired to make more cache containers of my own. Some of them inspired by wkmccall and others from other places, or even my own imagination… I know, scary isn’t it. Anyway, I’m really hoping that just as with my puzzle caches, I can make a few custom containers that will puzzle and confuse even the most serious veteran cachers out there. If you guys want a challenge, then I want to give it to you.
So that’s basically where I am now. Last night got me more pumped for caching than I have been in some time, and I can’t wait to get out there and get busy!
Now to find $30 to get my premium membership renewed…….