Like many other iPhone owners, I have been looking forward to June 21st with eager anticipation. Today is the day I can finally upgrade my phone to the 4.0 operating system, and thus gain many new abilities I have been wishing my phone could do. As I wait for my phone to finish backing up so I can begin the installation, I thought I would spend a few minutes to write a post about what I am looking forward to the most in this upgrade. So, in no particular order, here are the iOS 4.0 features I am looking forward to the most!
1. Folders – I am not one of the iPhone owners who has every available page filled with apps, but I do like to keep my apps organized, and folders promises to give me even more control over how I organize all my apps. The first folder I will make will be for games, and then maybe one for travel related apps. What this means though is that instead of having a page for games, I now have one icon. So much better, I hope.
2. iBooks – I love to read, and after seeing iBooks on the iPad, I’ve been wanting it on my iPhone. Now from what I understood it is going to be released with iOS 4.0, so I am eager to see it in action. I have been using Stanza, and I am eager to see just how this app compares on the iphone.
3. Background – It doesn’t take a whole lot to impress me, and this feature of iOS 4.0 proves that. The ability to finally change the background of my home screen from that lovely and cheerful shade of black to whatever image I want has me on the edge of my seat. I only have a 3G, so I won’t get the benefits of Multi-Tasking, but even if I did, I almost think I would be more excited about simply being able to change my background. I’m not hard to please people.
4. Mail – I just added my other two email accounts to my iPhone a couple of weeks ago, bringing me up to three accounts, and didn’t realize how big of a deal the unified inbox was until then. Now I won’t have to switch between all three of my accounts to just read my emails. Score!
5. Tap to Focus – This feature was added for video, which doesn’t really apply to me since my phone won’t record video, but heck, I didn’t even know I could do it with photos! So, even though it’s not really a new feature for me, I’m looking forward to taking advantage of it!
So there you go, five things I’m looking forward to playing around with once my phone finishes updating. Maybe in a few days I’ll post again and say exactly what I think of the update, but until then I’m going to go enjoy playing with it!