Every year on January 1st many people make resolutions. Some stick, most don’t. Somewhat along those same lines is the “bucket list.” It’s a list of all the things a person wants to do or accomplish before they “kick the bucket.” This list doesn’t fit into either of those catagories, so I will just refer to it as my current goals list. On it are the things I really want to do. Period. Maybe it will enlighten someone else, but mostly I just want to write it down so that I can come back later and see just how lame I used to be. Also, the only order that this list has is the random order that my brain happens to spit it out, so don’t think #1 is the most important or anything silly like that.
MY CURRENT GOALS LIST
1. Stay Married – This may sound silly, but in our world today I think it’s huge!
2. Have a kid – actually Hilary will technically be the one to have it, I’ll just help out.
3. Have a daily quiet time – You would think it wouldn’t be hard to set aside 30 minutes every day, especially for something this important, but it is. Most likely it’s because it really is that important.
4. Get to a healthy weight – aka, make the fat go away…
5. Eat healthier – I want to get my diet as healthy as possible, and I don’t mean low fat, low calorie, etc., what I want is to eat fresh fruits and vegetables. Fresh meat from local farms (if possible), and not processed crap, or stuff that has been shipped across country and is already weeks old before it gets to the store.
6. Have a garden – This can go along with eating healthier, but I have also found that I like growing things.
7. Own a home – No-brainer, huh? Well how else will I have enough room for a garden? Oh, and I just don’t want to rent forever either.
8. Build a house – This could be considered “Own a home pt 2”, but maybe we’ll get lucky and be able to skip straight to this one.
9. Have my own business – I’ve felt like I have been on the verge of doing this a few times, but not on a large scale. Just gotta keep pushing it!
10. Be able to fix more things on my own – That goes from being able to fix a kitchen cabinet, to rebuilding the engine in a car, or whatever. I get tired of paying outrageous amounts for things I can more than likely fix myself, so I want to be able to do it. I ain’t skeered!
11. Start foraging for wild edible food – Some people might think I’m weird for wanting to do this, but I think it can help with eating healthier, with saving money on food, and I just find it fun. I really need someone to teach me though, or it may be a while before I really dive in.
12. Save money – by this I literally mean putting money in a place where it will accumulate from month to month so that at the end of each year there will be more money than there was at the beginning. That is something I have never really been good at, but just like learning to fix a car, this is something I want to learn, or better yet, train myself to do.
13. Get better at making more things – I already do a few crafty things, and I’ve been wanting to do some metal forging (mostly knives and fun things like that), but I want to continue to expand on this, and maybe incorporate it into the business I mentioned earlier.
14. Expand my cooking abilities – I like to cook, and I don’t have many recipes because I like to make stuff up. If I can expand on my cooking abilities and knowledge, that will open up many more possibilities when it comes to making stuff up.
15. Write another book – Some people know I have already written one book, back in 2009 for National Novel Writers Month, but it’s not really that good. I can tell you how to get a copy if you want, but don’t say I didn’t warn you. I want to write another one that’s better though, so maybe there’s hope for the future.
16. Win an award for one of my videos – Currently I don’t think my videos are award worthy, but I seem to learn more every day when it comes to using a camera and editing, so I’m going to start shooting (pun intended) to win! Whether it’s for a video at work, or a personal video that just happens to be good, I want to have a winner in there somewhere.
17. Become more athletic – I’ve always wanted to play on the church softball team and be the guy that everyone knows might just knock it out of the park. Maybe one day.
18. Go fishing more – I really like to go fishing and I really don’t go enough. I got to go one day last year, and almost caught 2 very small bream. Yea, I need to go more.
Ok, my brain seems to be saying 18 is a good stopping point for now, because it’s getting confused when I try to think of more things. So, if I do come up with more, I’ll just add them later.